Books Lost or Damaged Book Policy
Bookie thoroughly investigates books prior checking them out to members. Bookie looks for missing pages and tracks any other types of wear and tear. The membership holder will not be responsible for any damage that occurred before member holder receives book. Member holder will be responsible for any and all damages, while book is in the member holder’s possession or thus checked out to that member.
Below is a breakdown of fees for damaged books:
- Food/Water or any other stains to book – $4.00-6.00 (Depending on damages)
- Lost book or damaged beyond repair – $15.00
- Missing pages, damaged spines and tears to the cover and other pages in book – $10.00
All fees will be charged to the member who damages books while books are checked out in their name. Bookie will inform membership holder of any and all damages Bookie member has acquired.
What Information Do We Collect?
Bookie Bookz Corp. collect information form you when you register/create an account on our site, subscribe to our mailing list/newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form generated by us. Personal information is collected upon registration on our site. That personal information consists of the following:
- First and Last Name;
- E-mail Address;
- Mailing/Billing address;
- Phone number;
- Credit/Debit card information;
All of the personal information and financial information you provide to us is voluntary and you can opt out of providing certain personal information requested by us. However, your refusal to provide personal information to Bookie Bookz Corp. may hinder or eliminate your ability to use Bookie Bookz services. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Bookie Bookz collects personal information to make our services and the customer experience better and more rewarding for the member to use. Any of the personal information we (Bookie) collect form you (member) may be used in the following ways:
- To improve our website offerings and promotions based on information we receive from you.
- To improve customer service and improve a more effective and timely response to customer service requests and support needs.
- To send emails for processing and updating you on your book or any other company news, or changes.
- To administer and complete transactions for books lost or damaged books (refer books lost or damaged books policy), monthly membership fees, and any other transactions regarding your membership.
How Is This Information Shared?
There are circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- We may share information about you with trusted third parties to perform functions on our behalf in order to improve your consumer experience. These third parties may contact you about products, services or promotions you may be interested in, or to otherwise improve your customer experience with Bookie Bookz Corp. For example, outsources customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services you requested. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose that we authorize.
- When necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of Bookie Bookz, its users, or the public.
- As required by law, to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, to exercise our rights, or to defend against any claims. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend Bookie Bookz Corp, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person, including you, is threatened.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
A variety of security measures are implemented to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. All information such as sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Stripe software and is accessible only to those authorized with special access rights to such technology and are required to keep the information confidential.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. Please not that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards to the security of your personal information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Bookie Bookz does not knowingly allow any users under the age of eighteen (18) to use or otherwise access to the Bookie Bookz services. Bookie Bookz does not wish to collect personal information or any information at all from any persons under the age of eighteen (18) years old. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, you may not use Bookie Bookz without parents consent or at all.